"...everything in life is writable...if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."..... Sylvia Plath

Monday, April 17, 2017

Author's Update


My publisher let me know a couple of days ago that my book cover has been sent to the printer for the final printing...pretty exciting. I'm  spending a lot of time promoting the book and working on a flyer to mail out announcing its' launching, which will be June 13 at Phoenix Book Stores in Essex Junction in Vermont, near where I live. I will be talking about the book, maybe reading from a couple of chapters, and signing new copies.


I have begun to work on my second memoir. The working title is Roxie and Alfred. It tells how my grand parents moved from a small, bucolic farm in North Carolina with their family to the booming, sometimes dangerous town of Detroit, Michigan during the roaring twenties when prohibition was in full swing. They were courageous, hard working, and amazingly able to cope with what their new lives in the big city brought to them.


Alfred
Roxie

No comments:

Post a Comment